Assessment Good Practice Network (South)
Focusing on children rather than data, these sessions will explore the use of high-quality formative assessment, responsive planning and strategies to support progress within and across lessons.
• Explore the principles of high quality, formative assessment to inform next steps in teaching for the autumn term
• Review practical classroom based assessment strategies to support ongoing assessment for learning
• Review opportunities for supporting the professional discussion around children so that staff understand both starting points and next steps for learning
• Understand how high-quality task design can promote new learning whilst providing rich ongoing assessment opportunities
• Learn how approaches to feedback such questioning and wait time can promote understanding and progress within the classroom
• Reflect on how curriculum sequencing can support assessment
These sessions will provide opportunities for delegates to reflect on current approaches to assessment in school and how this impacts progress for all children in the classroom.