This course guides governors through the whole exclusion process, explaining the part they play, including the administration surrounding it, reaching and recording decisions and understanding the regulation.
This session will cover:
• The exclusions process and appeals
• Who has the power to exclude
• The different types of exclusion
• The governing boards duty to consider exclusions
• The Independent Review Panel and Special Educational Needs Expert
• A summary of law and guidance including the major changes.
During the session, governors will also be made aware of the clerks role in these settings