LGBT+ Conference 2020
Unipart Conference Centre, Unipart Group Ltd, Unipart House, Garsington Road, Oxford, OX4 2PG
Any interested practitioners who work with CYP&F of compulsory school age / Assistant Headteacher / Governor / Head Teachers / Leadership / School Associated Professionals (e.g. NHS, Children’s Social Care, Third Sector Organisations) / School Leadership / Subject Lead
Training course, Conference
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and Learning subcategories
EYFS / KS1 / KS2 / KS3 / KS4 / KS5
To ensure practitioners working in schools are well informed and confident in meeting the needs of LGBT+, non-binary and gender questioning children, young people and families.
Please can the following information be provided with your booking (via Special Requirements or an email to OPLTraining@oxfordshire.gov.uk)
Name of Setting / Organisation
Names of adults attending
Medical needs to be aware of
For security reasons, on arrival you will be asked to show official I.D. that verifies who you are.
Parking and Wifi available.
- To ensure practitioners working in schools are well informed of statutory requirements and latest guidance on working with LGBT+, non-binary and gender questioning children, young people and families.
- To provide practitioners working in schools with the opportunity to network and share good practice regarding their work with LGBT+, non-binary and gender questioning children, young people and families.
Prices includes cost of hiring the venue, 3 servings of refreshments, a buffet lunch, keynote speakers, 2 workshops and a delegate pack.
The following themes and more will be addressed by speakers and workshops:
- National picture – Presentation by Stonewall UK
- Local picture – Presentation by LGBT+ advocates working within Oxfordshire
- Promoting positive mental health and well-being for LGBT+ children and young people – CAMHS and
- Creating an LGBT+ inclusive curriculum
- Faith and Sexuality – Hidayah (Gender, Sexuality and Islam)
- Being an LGBT+ inclusive faith school
- Setting up an LGBT+ group or safe space in your school
- Exploring trans identities
- Meeting the needs of LGBT+ C&YP in schools as a support worker
- Resources and services available to support LGBT+, non-binary and gender questioning C&YP
Monday 3 February 2020
Monday 3 February 2020
Sunday 2 February 2020
Out of County cost
EY offer no longer valid cost
Early Years cross channel charging band cost
Maintained Schools, Academies and Free Schools cost
Independent and Out of County Schools cost
Schools cross channel charging band cost